More than Smart is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to support policy-makers and stakeholders pursuing cleaner, more reliable, and more affordable electricity service through the integration of distributed energy resources into electricity grids.
MTS brings industry, advocacy and government experts together to develop solutions for integrating more distributed generation resources gradually into state electricity distribution grids. A key focus is in providing assistance to states to follow the MTS Walk/Jog/Run® Framework for modernizing distribution grids through an engineering-based framework that acknowledges the unique energy policies of each state.
More Than Smart is seeking a summer intern to assist in managing outreach projects and maintaining our website. The position will be based in Oakland, CA.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the More Than Smart team in managing outreach communications
- Help coordinate meetings, conferences and special events
- Write letters and communications to supporters and partners
- Perform miscellaneous administrative support functions as required or other duties as assigned
- Flexible, organized, detail-oriented and have time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and basic web page construction
- Can manage multiple tasks and prioritize important communications
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and follow through with tasks
- Interest in environmental and energy topics
Submit a resume and cover letter to Deborah Shields at firstname.lastname@example.org.